Wednesday, October 17, 2007

We Need Rain!!

Here in McCall we have had a very dry summer. I have been hearing we were in a drought but I didn't realize how much we need rain or snow until we drove up to this reservoir with my family. I was shocked, I have never seen it look so empty. It really looks like they emptied it out on purpose. We were walking right through where the water ususally is. I took some pictures, it was kind of crazy. This week should be a good one for moisture it is supposed to rain or snow everyday this week, which I am not excited about but since the mountains supply a lot of towns with their water I am thinking it is pretty important.




This rock is usually not visible at all. Pretty crazy that all the water is gone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! how strange it looks.

O family said...

Wow, that is crazy. I guess you guys really did have a drought!!

Lady said...

That looks BAD!!! You guys are in the same situation as Georgia. Atlanta may run out of water in 3 months if they don't have significant rain.

Anonymous said...

It was wierd to walk around the base of the river....

O family said...

ok so I have to add more:) It looks so pretty in McCall! I am so jealous. Maybe Dan, Quinn and I could come and visit you guys some time?!?!? oh, and the picture of Kamden in the closet is SO cute. haha adorable