Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Beautiful McCall

While my sister Brittney was visting we decided to go on a hike to show her the beauty of where we live. This is one of my favorite hikes and I thought it would be an easy one for a first timer. :) I love going on hikes and where she doesn't share my same passion she was a good sport. Brittney did great she stayed with us the whole time. I am just giving her a hard time because she was so worried that she wouldn't be able to keep up, so she brought her Ipod to keep her company and she didn't turn it on once!
It was not the best day to go, it started raining once we got on the trail but we weren't going to let that stop us because we had already gotten a babysitter for the girls so we were going to enjoy our time whether it was raining or not. The waterfall was really low since it was the fall, But still fun to see. The best part of the hike was seeing and hearing Brock bugle with a bull elk. We all hid behind some trees and the bull elk was bugling and Brock was acting like he was a cow elk and calling back. It was pretty neat. It sounded like it started to come towards us but then turned around. My sister brings luck with the animals! A year ago when she was here visiting we saw a moose. This year we saw three 4 point Bucks and bugled with an Elk. Brock knows who he is calling next year to be his hunting partner. :)
Here are some pictures from our hike.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! what beautiful country. I like to hike when I'm there too. I would love to hear Brock elk talk, and see the elk of course. (:

Anonymous said...

Seeing the great countryside on the hike makes me anxious to be there. Next week can't come soon enough. Cute girls! Fun sisters big and small.
Does Brock ever use his Elk cow call on you Brielle? Down big boy!

O family said...

it looks really pretty there. I am glad that you all had so much fun.

Lady said...

The hike was great! Thanks for encouraging me to go. I can't wait to go again next year! My lungs felt great and being outside in such beautiful surrounding is so envigorating!

Anonymous said...

I want to do that hike too! I hope Brittney does some more hiking between now and next year when she comes to visit....