Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend!!

We had a wonderful time with Brocks family in Rupert for Thanksgiving. We were able to stay from Wednesday night until Sunday. Between his families busy schedule and ours, we don't usually get to spend that many days together. The girls had lots of fun with their cousins and also had lots of fun on all of the neat things their grandpa has created at their recreational place. After we enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with relatives,we(the girls) talked the boys into watching the kids all day Friday so we could go shopping. Arriann and I had to twist Rexannes arm to go but we finally talked her into it. We weren't the crazy shoppers that started early in the morning, we valued our sleep more than the deals. We went later in the day but still got a lot of our shopping for Christmas finished. Which is a nice feeling and we had a really nice time together without the children. So I guess I should give a big THANK YOU TO THE HUSBANDS! All the boys went dirt bike riding all day saturday, so everyone got to have fun! Saturday night we went out to a house about an hour way from Rupert that decorates their entire house and yard with christmas lights. They just let everyone walk around and look for free. There are not that many people out there that are that selfless anymore. This family has been doing this for years and they were still so excited to see everyone enjoying their hard work. My favorite part was the live camel they had for you to feed. It was awesome. Aspen loved the camel, she was not scared at all. Kamden on the other hand was not to sure. It was a great weekend with family. Lots of memories were made. :) Cousins: from left to right, Aspen, Deagon, Kamden and Dodge.After dinner on Thursday all the guys went out to play a golf game and frisbee golf on a course that Brocks dad has made. Aspen just wanted to get all of the balls, so Brock took some time and taught her to hit the ball with the golf club.Aspen and Brock on the big slide. This slide is usually a water slide and in the summer it shoots you into the river. It is really a good time. We were just going on it dry. Before I took this picture I had already gone down it 10 times with Aspen. She thought it was so fun.I had to post this picture of Skye because he thought he looked pretty good!! I had to take a couple pictures to make sure I got the right angle of him. :)Deagon and Kamden had a sleepover with Grammy. When I walked in I saw Deagon trying to wake Kamden up by tapping her head gently and whispering in her ear. As you can see, she is not a morning person!!Here is the huge camel, Aspen was fearless, she loved that it ate carrots right out of her hand. The camel is nibbling my hair, kind of weird feeling. Here is the rest of the camels body. This thing was huge!! Here is some of our group in front of the lights. The kids really enjoyed it.Here is the whole group of us. From the back left: Skye(Brocks brother), Grammy with Dodge(nephew), Wade (married brocks sister), Arriann(sister),Me and Aspen, Brock with Deagon(nephew), Grandpa with Kamden. We took a bunch of family pictures and in my opinion this was my favorite of everyone.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks great! I'm glad you guys had so much fun and we even able to sneak away for a little shopping. I think that the family photo looks really nice and the kids looks so big! Brock's family is really fun so I'm sure it was a great visit.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time. Glad you were able to be with family. It is really what it is all about. We missed you guys but look forward to getting together sometime soon. If you do come to PA however, do not expect camels. We don't have them here...they live in Rupert!

Anonymous said...

Now that's what I mean about "MAKING MEMORIES" ! What a wonderful one to keep forever. I want to come to Rupert for Thanksgiving and I want it to be exactly like this time - okay? Tell Rexanne. Aspen is her Mamaw's girl - yes the camel would have been my favorite, (I would have loved having it knibble my hair) - even more than the lights and you know how I love Christmas lights. I'm so happy you all could be together for the holidays. Love to all.

Anonymous said...

That was fun to see a picture of Brock's family. Sounds like you had lots of fun. I liked the girls shopping activity. That sounded awesome!

O family said...

I am so glad that you guys all had fun. The camel looks crazy but I think I would have liked it. I think that it is cool how it was free to go and look at too.

Julie said...

I can't believe there are camels in Idaho other than in the zoo! Looks like alot of fun. Are you enjoying all the snow? I can't believe its here to stay! It makes driving fun.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say - wow Aspen's hair is really getting long. It's cute.

Anonymous said...

It was truly an awesome weekend! I loved going shopping with my daughters....thanks for your help to get my shopping started! I truly have so much to be thankful for, and the greatest of all of my blessings lies right there in that family picture....I need nothing more in my world....Love you All!