Saturday, November 3, 2007

Chicken Curry Salad

So I have been meaning to post this recipe for a few weeks now. My sister Brinn should be given credit for it, I think she made up the recipe, but I knew she would never post it. It is really easy and yum. I am not a big curry person but I really liked this.
You boil your chicken breasts ( I used 2 large breasts), once they are done cooking you shred your chicken and then add mayo and sour cream ( I used more sour cream then mayo) as much as you like to moisten it. Then put cut up celery, carrots (optional), and then add craisins. Last you put in curry powder to taste.

Once it is all mixed up you put it on top of crackers ( I used multigrain wheat thins) and sprinkle cheese. Then bake at 350 for 5-10 min. (Brinn says that it is best with swiss cheese melted on top.)

My family ate this as a meal one night but when Brock and I were looking at it we thought it would make a great appetizer for christmas time. Here is a picture of them, not the greatest picture. They looked prettier and more appetizing in real life. I had to leave some without cheese because it looked nicer. :) You will have to let me know what you think, if any of you try the recipe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great. I'm going to try them. And yes as an appetitizer would be very impressive.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it and liked it- it is a favorite of mine and Beth's. I hope everyone likes it, I bet Britt will. I will think of another yum recipe to pass along to you and you do the same if you think of one.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for your comments on our blog. I'll tell McKenna what you said. She'll feel so good to have your support. We love and admire your family. It's been great to get to know each other even better through a blog...random...and so great. The salad looks awesome by the way and I'll have to try it.

Amy

Lady said...

I think these look really yummy. I'm going to try them for sure!! Easy thing to make when friends come over.