Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Work Trip...

Our family went back east for 2 and half weeks. It was a work trip for Brock but the girls and I just got to enjoy being with family. It was a really nice visit. Brock did some tile work for my sister Brittney. He redid their whole master bath and did their backsplash in the kitchen. It turned out really nice. I really liked the tile choices that Brittney and Dan chose.Bitts bathroom floor, countertop, and tile around the tub all new. Brock didn't install the countertop but everything else he did.This is part of their new master shower. MacGregor my nephew who is 8 is very excited about the seat in the shower. He told me it was his idea so he let Brock know. Now he can take a rest from standing in the shower and sit down for a bit. :) Here is a sample of their backsplash in the kitchen. Brock did a great job. Almost the whole time Brock was working at my sisters her family was sick. It was a bummer because we didn't get to see them as much as we would of liked to. The girls and I ended up staying at my moms so we could remain healthy.

Aspen, Kamden and Ainsley watching a movie together. The big girls finally let Aspen squeeze in, they didn't really like the idea at first.Aspen with Brinn and my doll house. My grandparents made this for us when we were little. Kamden gets so excited to play with it every time we go to my moms. Kamden will just disappear for an hour at a time and play with it. Aspen thought it was pretty neat too. The only time she was allowed to play with it was when Kamden and Ainsley weren't around.Here are Aspen and my cousin Micheles little girl Quinn. Michele and I dressed the girls the same and didn't haven any idea. They are the cutest.
Brian, my brother got his son a really cool surfing game. You plug it into the TV and surf waves. I think it might really be for my brother who loves surfing more than his son Curren. :)Curren being so cute with Emma. He is teaching her how to drive his new remote control car. I love this picture.Brinn and Emma. It was so nice that it worked out that they could come to Pa while we were there. Emma is a busy girl she loved being around the older girls. That is until Aspen would push her down if she got anywhere near her things.
These are my grandparents and my cousin Michele. It was so good to get together with them. My grandparents really enjoy all the great grandkids. They have 12 of them and they still remember all them for birthdays and christmas. It is pretty amazing. It is also so nice to be able to see Michele and her daughter Quinn. It can get kind of crazy when all the kids get running around but it is definitely worth it and we make lots of memories.Here is Aspen hugging my nephew Slater. She started to put him in a head lock but that changed and she gave him a nice hug. She can be sweet when she wants to. :)I adore this picture. Here are best friend cousins waiting for their Mamaw. My dad was away on a business trip so both girls asked my mom if they could have a sleepover with her, well how could she only say yes to one of them. So she really did it. She slept in the middle. I thought she was crazy. But if any of you know my mom her favorite line is "We are making memories" and it is true. They won't forget it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we were able to come when you were there, it was busy, but fun and really really good to see you and the girls. I loved watching Ainsley and Kamden play and pretty much everything that Aspen said made me laugh. They were great with Emma and she loved playing with them. I love all the photos....

Anonymous said...

Sweet little girls having sweet dreams. We did make happy memories your whole trip. Mamaw

Becky at Jones Land and Livestock, Inc. said...

That tile job looks awesome! Also, I love that dollhouse! Great picts.

Anonymous said...

Brock can really do tile! Wow! Looks fantastic! I'm sure Brittany is thrilled.
So neat that you all got to get together! I love the picture of all of you with Grandma and Grandpa. They're surrounded by all these cute little girls!

O family said...

I am so glad that we all met up. Good times. Also, Brock did an amazing job with the tile. I love the picture of the girls in your Mom's bed. Aunt Reenie is so cute and her line of "making memories" is also known as spoiling! :)

Abraham and Sara said...

What a fun, and busy, trip! Beautiful tile work.

Anonymous said...

sweet....I know, it's not about the sleep, it's about the memories. Trust me, mawmaw got as much from the sleepover as the kids ever could!....we call them slumber parties, and I cherish every one!