Tuesday, September 29, 2009

7 Years!!!


Well yesterday was Brock and my 7 year anniversary. This was the first year Brock has ever surprised me. Man, it was awesome! I really didn't know my husband knew how to be romantic. He has been trying to plan something for 3 weeks. A couple of his ideas didn't work because he couldn't find anyone to watch the kids. So Friday night our wonderful neighbor Nancy came over. The kids just love her, so they were very excited too. He took me to our favorite seafood place here in McCall. Pricey, but very worth it!! Then we walked on the beach and talked while watching the sunset. Then he had booked a chalet (ski in ski out) in Tamarack(ski resort 20 mins from us). So we did the whole hot tub, strawberries and chocolate romantic thing. Which is not Brock at all by the way. We got laughing pretty hard when we were dipping Strawberries in chocolate because it is not really our romantic scene but it was fun. Then in the morning we walked around Tamarack ski resort and then came home. It was so nice to have the night to ourselves even though we were still in our same town we really felt like it was a real get away. It has been a great 7 years. And I really feel our marriage has gotten better with time. So I am excited for the years to come to spend with my wonderful husband. I feel so lucky because I know I have the perfect fit for me.

13 comments:

O family said...

Happy Anniversary! It is so wonderful that you have such a sweet husband. Congrats on 7 yrs!

April Kennedy said...

I remember first meeting Brock the night before your wedding. I wasn't too sure of the whole bull riding, rednecked thing...but fell in love with him and his whole family the next day!

We loved having you guys come spend the week with us this last summer where we got to know Brock even better...and fell even more in love with your whole family.

Happy Anniversay. The strawberry thing made me laugh too thinking of you guys. But he chalet sounds exactly like an overnight date on The Bachelor! Sounds very romantic. Brock Rocks!

kp said...

Saucy. I was getting a little worried about the G rating of this blog when you started talking about strawberrys and dipping things in chocolate...

kp said...

you're going to block me from your blog now, huh?

Amanda said...

It's alright Kristen, I thought the exact same thing! Tamarack sounds wonderful.
Happy Anniversary!

Brielle said...

Kristen and Amanda, I left the details out but if you guys would like details I am not ashamed to share them but for my kids sake later on that read this I left it up to the imagination! :) And no Kristen you are never and will never be blocked from my blog!

Melissa said...

Happy 7 Years to you guys!!

Susan Staus said...

Happy 7 years!

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it has been that long. I remember so many details of your wedding! You guys are so cute. I loved the updates from your summer and I am glad Kamden is liking school! Thanks for your comments about my grandpa!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm glad you had a romantic weekend getaway.

Abraham and Sara said...

Way to go Brock! It sounds like a great time! Congratulations on 7 years. I can't believe it has been that long. I actually was looking at picture the other day from your reception. It was so much fun! Love you!

Jim and Reenie said...

As a parent that is all you want for you kids, that they are happy, that they married the right person for them. Wow! A good man you married, even without moonlight walks on the beach, Tamarack or strawberries dipped in choc. We love you Brock.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Can't believe my little cowboy could pull off Strawberries & chocolate! And to figure out how to melt the chocolate without a microwave??? (hope you did) Glad it all worked out for a fun weekend. I love you guys!