Thursday, September 24, 2009

PA Family Visit

The kids and I finally made it back to PA to visit family. It has been a year and 1/2 since I had been back. The longest ever I think. Brock couldn't come so I decided I could do it by myself. I don't really know if that was the best move but I did it. The plane ride out there I really thought I was physically going to die. It was hard! Cash does not sleep if he is not in a bed, so it makes it really tough. So I wrestled him the entire day. We left Boise at 3:00pm and got to my sisters house at 3:00 am. It was VERY LONG. We had a very packed week since I wanted to see so many people. But it all worked out. We got a Day with my Brother Brian and his family(not long enough), we got to see my grandparents and cousins, some of which I haven't seen in 4 or 5 years! My sister and I also got to go to the beach with my aunt and her friend gloria. The beach is most favorite place ever so I was so glad to go but my sister and I took 7 kids by ourselves. We tried to do the beach and boardwalk all day until 11pm at night. It was just a little CRAZY. Brittney, my sister wrote in detail about our trip on here blog www.pennhens.blogspot.com you can read it there! I kept asking my sister if it was worth all the money I paid to get there. I know it was really worth it, it was great seeing everyone. I guess it just wasn't the vacation I pictured in my head. It was more work than play. I was also realizing that it was the first time I went back east when my mom and dad weren't there to visit and help with the kids. Man I miss those 2! The kids had an awesome time and are still talking about it so I know it was worth every penny. 2 of my Brother Brian's boys, Curren and Slater. Brian, Stacy and their new little one Colton. (oh and Ainsley jumped in) My girls and Brittney's girls and my cousin Michele's little girl. They had such a great time together. Here is Brigham's little boy Tyler, he didn't want his picture taken so I told him he could pretend like he is shooting Kamden and then he was fine with it. Kamden didn't like it very much but she said "I guess it is okay mommy" She is a good little girl. Some more gun action from Tyler. The girl cousins in their night gowns! My grandparents were nice enough to work with our schedule and the best day that worked happened to be there anniversary as well as my cousin Matts Birthday that also came. The grown up cousins with grandma and grandpa. (We were missing 6) My grandparents with the some of their great grandkids!

3 comments:

Rochelle & Jess Rowley said...

Your girls are so cute! I just miss Idaho so much. Me and my husband applied for school in Bosie and at BYU Idaho. I can't wait to see beautiful McCall again!

Jim and Reenie said...

What a great reunion.For the young cousins and the older ones too. I know Grandpa & Grandma were thrilled to see everyone. Great pictures.
Mom/Mamaw

Anonymous said...

fun pictures....what fun Kamden and Aspen have with their girl cousins.....so cute!