Sunday, April 13, 2008

Utah Weekend..

The girls and I got to drive down to Salt Lake for Conference a couple weekends ago. It was such a nice weekend. Brock was supposed to come too but then work came up and he wasn't able to come. So the girls and I had an adventure together driving 7 hours. They were acutally really good for me, prayers really are answered. :) We did a lot in just a few days. Conference was amazing, it was also neat because my Parents flew out and my sister and her husband came up from Provo. Between all of us we were able to get some tickets to every session. I was able to attend both Saturday sessions, only because my WONDERFUL sister watched my girls for me. The spirit was amazing and it was so neat to be apart of the solemn assembly which I am sure will be the only time I will get to be there for that. On this fast weekend we were able to visit with my family, Brocks family and 2 of my friends I haven't seen for a while. I wish I could of seen more of you but there just wasn't enough time so we will have to plan on it next time. I met my friend Paige and her kids at Gateway in Salt Lake City. They were playing in the fountains and having a great time. I just had to post this picture because Gavin is making the coolest pose! These are some of our friends that used to live here in McCall but moved away. :( We miss them tons. This is Luke, he is my friend and old roomate from college, Emilys little boy. He is sooo cute and Kamden just had so much fun with him. There was a picture of Emily, Luke and I but I just couldn't post it. My forehead looks like it is half my face because Kamden wouldn't take our picture so I had to do it myself. Yeah, those never turn out to well for me. We were so glad to be able to visit with them the short time we did.Here are the girls with their Mamaw. I was so glad that it worked out to be able to meet my parents for conference weekend. With them living far I just feel like we can't get enough of seeing them. It was such an enjoyable weekend.

7 comments:

O family said...

I am so glad that you were able to have such a great weekend. Wow, a 7 hour drive alone with 2 little girls. You are a brave and determined woman! It is so fun to visit with family and friends. Glad that you had fun!

Anonymous said...

It was a fast and furious weekend, but so great. To attend all five sessions of general Conferencewith family and friends, was a great hi-lite for me. Visiting with daughters,husbands and grand-daughters simply icing on the cake!
Thanks for driving all that way to be with us Brielle. Sorry Brock could not make it.
Papaw

Paige Holley said...

Haha!! That picture of Gavin cracks me up! He looks so feminine. We had so much fun with you too! I need to post the picture I took...I think its a little cuter of Gavin:)

Lady said...

Long drive but definitely worth it. The things we'll do to be with family even if it's so short! Can't wait til your snow melts so we can come visit!! Already got the tickets :)!

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful visit with you and the girls (missed Brock though)and Brinn, Kent & baby Emma. The kids are growing up too fast. Thanks for sacrificing and driving by yourself. It was worth it to me. Every minute with family is precious. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Thank you for coming, it was good to get together, I only wish it was longer. will come fly out as soon as I see great deal, promise not to let it pass by again.... Luke is a very cute baby. I like how you called me your "WONDERFUL" sister... :o)

Anonymous said...

Was so glad to have you for the short time as you came through on the way up and back...always a joy to have you come....glad you could share that time with your mom and dad.....Grammy