Sunday, April 27, 2008

Potty Training

Okay so I am close to being done my three goals with Aspen. We have done potty training for 1 week now and she is doing awesome. I do have to admit I was going to quit on Wednesday because Tuesday and Wednesday did not go well. We had more accidents than we did have success and being pregnant I just don't have a lot of energy. But Wednesday afternoon she did a turn around. She has been in panties every since. We were even away from the house all day yesterday at our church spring fling and no accidents. Today at church she even told the nursery leader and made it without any accidents! We still have a couple here and there when she waits to long or doesn't want to stop playing but over all she is definitely over the hard part. I struggled a little with her because I was comparing it to the experience I had training Kamden. Which I have been told was not normal. She only ever had 2 accidents and then she was trained. We definitely got spoiled there. But I still think Aspen has done great she really only had 2 bad days out of the first week. I am glad I am getting this done now because I am remembering how time consuming it is. We are constantly running to the toilet, which means I am constantly stopping what I am doing. Not fun, but it will be nice to not have to buy diapers for 2 kids. Now I just hope she doesn't revert back once the baby is born.I had to take this picture because it is one of my absolute favorite things when they first start wearing underwear. I think their little bums are the cutest. I can't stop looking and telling Brock to look at how cute it is with no diaper on. I know he is probably getting sick of me saying so but I just can't help myself. I love it.

11 comments:

O family said...

hahaha you are so funny Brielle. I think little bums are cute too! I wish Quinn could magicly be potty trained but... it will happen one day. Congrats to Aspen!

Paige Holley said...

Congrats on the potty training! I hope it continues to go well:) And I agree, her bum does look cute!

Lady said...

Cute little Bumbum!! And I think it's so funny that she thinks it's fun to fall in the water in public restrooms! EEEEEWWWWWW!!! But that would be Aspen!

kennoncrew said...

you are not alone in your bum fascination...we went to buy a christmas tree jacksons first day in undies...armando told the tree salesman to look at how cute jax's little bum was!

Alycia said...

good job potty training! Won't it be nice when we have no kids in diapers!!!! I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't give up too quickly. She is doing great with only a week down, not all do that well either. Yes her bum is darling. Why is it that older bums are just not cute?
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

yes, that is in fact the cutest bum in panties I've ever seen. She is so cute and I am impressed that potty training has gone so well.. you go girl!!

Anonymous said...

yes, that is in fact the cutest bum in panties I've ever seen. She is so cute and I am impressed that potty training has gone so well.. you go girl!!

So many blogs..too little time said...

I am the SAME way with little bums in undies. I thought I was the only one. Anyway congrats to Aspen that's awesome.

Family of Fun said...

I am SO glad that GREAT MOMS think alike! I love the picture... definitely one that I would take AND treasure myself. I can't get over that, too. Maybe because we change SO many diapers and see SO many diapered bums. It makes them seem so grown up. Thanks for sharing your little treasured moments - You rock! Go you... on working on your goals!

Anonymous said...

I really think that their bums are so cute too! I am excited for the day when I'm not washing diapers anymore or having to buy any. Aspen is the cutest thing ever and Kamden is the perfect big sister! Love you guys!