Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Family Fun Day

This past weekend we went to Rupert for Family Fun Day. It was the first year they have done this at Sunrise P River Ranch(that is Brock's families recreation place they run). It was so much fun, the whole community was invited. There were kids games and activities, Barn Idol competition(just like american idol), 5K race, 2-person challenge(obstacle course), the bumpy wagon was giving rides all day, a band playing for a barn dance that night. I was trying to decide whether I was going to run the 5K or compete in the 2-person challenge. Arriann really wanted to do the challenge but I have this problem, I really struggle with being on a team and knowing I let the other person down. But she convinced me that she wouldn't care. I knew I wouldn't be able to do both so I competed in the 2-person challenge! The challenge consisted of first kayaking in a 2 person kayake on the snake river around an island and back(just the men group had to do this part) Then there is a obstacle course you and your partner have to complete by putting boards on top of railroad ties and walking across, then lift it back up with out letting it touch the ground and you keep doing this until you make it to the end , then you continue to walk a pipe balance beam, on to the swinging rings(like monkey bars) to cross, then the big wall you pull your body up and over climbing a rope, then on to pushing your partner in a wheelbarrow and finally walking these 2 person wooden skiis. It was pretty intense. I can proudly say that Arriann and I took 1st place for the co-ed division and Brock and his brother Skye took 1st place for the men division. Although, I do have to add Brock and Skye beat all the other men teams by 4 min. They had the same time as Arriann and I and we didn't even do the Kayake part. They were pretty quick!! Do I look tough? That is what I was going for, but I think I might look a little mean and crazy. Here are the 2 winning teams in our shirts and medals we won! Here is Barry with his medal, it was huge and very heavy. He got the medal for making this great day happen. As you can see he is showing us it is real!! He and Rexanne and many others put a lot of work into this day. We appreciate it lots. We had a great time.Grandpa got all the kids T-shirts too. Aspen loves to stick out her bum, she does it all the time. I am a little worried for when she gets older. Barry built this wagon called the Wiggy wagon or the bumpy wagon. It is a huge hit with the kids. This weekend was the first time I ever rode on it. I couldn't stop laughing, I was catching air, that is how much you bump. Rexanne had the idea of putting all her grandkids hand prints on the side with their ages, it turned out really cute. Here are the boys, in this seat you bump but nothing like riding in the back. Here are the kids and the girls. Thank goodness for the mattress we are sitting on!! It is such a fun ride.

10 comments:

Nichole said...

you've definitely got the mean and crazy look down.

SO MUCH FUN!!!! Thanks for all the great activity ideas.

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! I loved hearing about your family fun day. I am happy that you and annie kicked butt.. way to go! Love aspen sticking her bum out.. too funny. What a lot of fun!

stefanie said...

I think the Peterson's had home field advantage. However, I'm glad you guys represented! It looks like it was a fun day and a lot of prep and planning involved. Your kids are so cute. Liz did have her baby, Logan Porter, about a month ago. He was 8lbs 2ounces.

Anonymous said...

It was a BIG fun day! Alot of work, but when people came it made it worth it. So fun to have all our kids there, and especially fun to have them ALL kick butt in the challenge. I was surprised how draining it was.....everyone was truly pooped when they finished! You all made your daddy proud taking the 4 medals.....thanks for taking the time to be there! Love you........grammy

Anonymous said...

Love the wiggy wagon with all those precious handprints on it! Grandpa sure has a way of creating memories for people. Sometimes he wears us out with all his ideas, but they are always a BIG HIT!! Hard to believe the old ranchito has warmed the hearts of so many! Who'd of thought it could be such and awesome thing when we started to clean the chicken, pigeon, cow, rabbit and pig poop out of there!!So grateful for a hard-working husband and family.......grammy

kennoncrew said...

way to go girlie--and high-fives to the boys too! you are looking seriously tough...and mean. i love keeping up with your life! we may even try to visit mccall this summer sometime. i can't believe i haven't been back since we moved! i miss you guys!

April Kennedy said...

I have been horrible at reading peoples blogs lately. No time. I love coming and getting caught up. And we are way overdue for a skype session!

We WANT to go to the 2nd annual family fun day. Oh my gosh...it looked like so much fun.

Love you guys...and promise haven't forgotten about you (even though we missed both of your birthdays.....we really did think about you all day long on those days. hope that counts!)

Jim and Reenie said...

Barry is the best!Just a big kid and so much fun. What wonderful memories all of you are going to have.The kids are so cute and Aspen - oh! my! too cute, but at 14you better worry. The truck with their ages & hand prints will be a forever memory especially if it stays around and you can compare their hands in a few years. Thanks for sharing. Love, Mom/Mamaw

Amanda said...

I never knew that anyone could have that much fun in Rupert, Idaho! I love the wiggy wagon...I bet you could charge money for rides in that.

Camille said...

That is so Awesome!! I want to ride in that truck. It looks like you all had a great time :)