Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hawaii.....

Brock and I just got back from a week in Hawaii. We had such a good time. We went with his parents and sister and her husband. We met up with his Aunt and Uncle, Grandma and some cousins. We left the girls with friends and family. (Thanks so much to those who helped us out) This was the longest I have ever been away from my children, once I got past the first 2 days I did fine. It think it was harder for me then them. :)
We did a lot of stuff in one week. We went to Pearl Harbor, the Poly center, the temple and vistors center, swam under a water fall, went to a big surf competition, went to lots of different beaches, ate lots and lots of awesome pineapple, and lots more. I wish I could post all of my pictures and write about everything we did but that would get a little long so here are just some highlights, so you can get a glimpse into our wonderful vacation.
Me, Rexanne, Arriann enjoying some awesome shaved ice. I could of eaten some every day it was SO Yum!!
This was the USS Arizona that got bombed in Pearl Harbor. This ship had over 1100 people that died that day, the most on any ship. We went out to the memorial that they have built over this ship. It was really interesting to go and learn more about this event in history. A real tragedy for sure. Just a nice scenic picture near a beach where we went swimming.
Here is the waterfall we hiked to and then went swimming under. It was pretty fun but pretty cold. We were the only group that actually got in and swam. Just a cool picture, I don't know that surfer dude but I thought it made a better picture. :)Brock and I got tattoos at the Poly center in one of the villages. Behind us is a canoe that they built without using one single nail.Brock and I at the Poly center right before the night show started. We really enjoyed ourselves there, it is so fun to learn about all of the different cultures, I really enjoyed trying to learn each of the different island dances. :) Brock and I in front the the temple, I think it is such a beautiful temple.Rexanne, me, Brock, Barry, Arriann, and Wade in front of the Outrigger Catamaran. We took this out on our last day. It was so fun, we got to see a whale which was a bonus. The ride was so relaxing, you get to sit on netting in the front of the boat which I thought was pretty cool because you can look right below you and see the water underneath.After our Catamaran trip we ate dinner at this really good restaurant, which was outside and as we ate, we got watch this beautiful sunset. Hawaii is very beautiful and we loved every minute of it.

11 comments:

Alycia said...

I am so glad that you had a good trip. I have always wanted to go to Hawaii. isn't it great to get away! Great pictures

O family said...

Wow, I am so jealous!! I have always wanted to go to Hawaii and it looks like you all did a lot of fun stuff. I am glad that you two got to get "away". I think that it is important to make time for yourself sometimes. Love ya and SO JEALOUS!

So many blogs..too little time said...

No wonder you haven't posted in a while. I have been checking your blog wondering what's going on. SO FUN!! I want to go on a trip. I bet you guys really needed that trip with all the work you guys do. You deserve it. It looks like you had tons of fun. I am jealous.

Julie said...

Ok- seeing your pictures just gave me spring fever and we still have 6 months of winter left! Thanks alot!j/k Looks like you had a wonderful Vacation!

Kellie said...

It looks like you guys had such a good time. I missed seeing you when I came up to play ball but I'm sure you were having more fun anyway! Maybe I'll come up again another week and play.

Becky at Jones Land and Livestock, Inc. said...

I loved seeing your pictures! Seems like it was a great get-away! It looked like tons of fun!

Paige Holley said...

I could go for some nice weather right about now...and a little tan too:) I am glad you had fun.

Lady said...

My heart is racing right now cuz I'm just thinking how AWESOME your trip was and how I wish I was there experiencing it too. Glad you got to do so much and that the girls were taken good care of!

Anonymous said...

Wow, for a minute I almost felt like I was back there...dang, then reality struck again.....what a joy it was to have you all there with us, my only regret is that skye wasn't able to share in the awesome wonders of beautiful Hawaii...everyone should share such a great adventure at least once in a lifetime.....love you all!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I noticed Wiamaya falls in the pictures. I'm so glad you guys found it. Did you see the show after? I also noticed your shaved ice place...was that in Kahuku? It looks exactly like the place I walked down to everyday to check my mail. Was there a post office near by? I recognized the beaches and felt like I was at home all over again. I've GOT to take Joe! I miss P.C.C and the dancers. Did I tell you I tried out for that? They didn't need a "howlie" (white)girl on the canoes fot the show. Such fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey now that you guys got tatoos and have fallin away from the church I just wanted to comment and Brock your arm looks HUUUGE! Maybe you oughta tell your wife you got big plans to be in the strong man competition Big Arm Style.