Sunday, January 27, 2008

Winter Carnival....

Kamden got to participate in her first Parade. Her preschool was in the parade and has been getting ready for it for weeks. The theme of this years winter carnival is Wild West. They made paper ponies and decorated cowboy hats. She wasn't to sure about riding in the parade but once she got going she really enjoyed herself. Her favorite part was throwing necklaces and candy to all of the kids lined up for the parade! Ofcourse I was walking right along side of her which helped a lot. Aspen and Brock went and lined up along the streets with the rest of the town and got to see all of the floats and catch lots and lots of necklaces and candy! The only bad part of it all was how hard it was snowing. We all got pretty soaked. Kamden riding in her hummer about to start the parade. She and some friends from class about to start throwing their candy to the crowd. Brock and Aspen standing out in the snow, look how many bead necklaces Aspen has gotten. She thought it was pretty neat.

Later that day we went to enjoy some of the activities after the snow had stopped. We really like the wintercarnival and have fun going to all of the activities it offers. Really this is a big thing for our town because not much goes on here. So when there is stuff to do we are all about it. The snow sculptures are the best and I will post some of those later. I haven't got the opportunity to go take pictures of them yet because it was either too dark or snowing way to hard. Saturday night we went to the fireworks and listened to a couple bands play.
Brock and the girls waiting for the fireworks to start.
Aspen was really excited for the fireworks until she heard the noise. She is hiding her face into Brocks coat. She would peek every once and a while. They were right over our heads, it was pretty cool to see them so close.This is just a puppy that was sitting with its owners right next to us. He was a little bit like Aspen and didn't like how loud they were so they put some ear muffs on him. He didn't seem to mind either. I thought it was pretty funny.

8 comments:

So many blogs..too little time said...

That looks like fun. We haven't even gone out in the snow for longer than getting in the car this winter. I hear it's been SO COLD up there.

Becky at Jones Land and Livestock, Inc. said...

So fun to see the pictures!

Paige Holley said...

I wish we could have come up for the carnival! Last year was fun but the sculptures this year look way cool. Your girls are so cute!

Lady said...

Looks fun but cold. I love that the dog is wearing head phones.

O family said...

It does look like a lot of fun. I don't really like the cold too much though. haha the dog with the ear muffs was really cute! I bet Kamden felt so cool being IN the parade!

Anonymous said...

The dog with the ear muffs is a hoot. I'm so glad Kamden rode with her class in the parade. I have to say I was really surprised that she did. May she is starting little by little to let go of Mommy.

Anonymous said...

Kamden,I am proud of you!! looks like you had a fun time in the parade. I was sad to miss it, but hope to see you before too long. Good thing you told us those were ear muffs, I was thinking someone dyed the ears brown!! I know, only me.....love you all....Grammy

Anonymous said...

THE DOG WINS MY VOTE!