Thursday, January 31, 2008

Today I was thinking....

THIS WAS OUR BEST PURCHASE EVER!!!
All week it has been dumping snow. In the 4 years we have lived here this is by far the most snow we have gotten. It just keeps coming. Today school was cancelled which doesn't happen often here. We have had a little bit of wind with a ton of snow so it gets really hard to see where you are driving. We have probably gotten between 12 and 14 inches just today added to our 4 feet we already had on the ground. The crazy thing is, the snow isn't letting up until Tuesday. So needless to say the pictures I was going to get of the snow sculptures are useless now because they are so covered you can't even tell what they were supposed to be. I should of taken the pictures the first day they were finished. So sorry about that, there were some cool ones too this year. Below are a few pictures we took today of our crazy amount of snow. If any of you love to skii or board this would be the time to come visit us. We have LOTS of powder.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That amount of snow is amazing. I guess the snow blower IS your best purchase ever. But the snow looks pretty. I guess you would lose the girls if they played in it. Your house looks so pretty with all the snow on it. I wish I was snowed in with all of you. I remember when all of you were little and we had a no school for a snow day. I always thought those were the best days - a gift day.

Lady said...

I want to shovel your roof! I hope it holds! You should really send that picture in to CNN or the Weather Channel. I'm sure they would show it on TV!

Brielle said...

Our roof will hold! It is built for this amount of snow load. It does look pretty cool though huh?

Anonymous said...

Of course the roof will hold!
Your home was built by Black Diamond Custom Homes!
Your place looks like snow tunnel heaven to me. That is the best, when you have so much snow that you can dig and dig and it's warm inside the igloo. I'm jealous!
Stay warm!

Paige Holley said...

I cannot believe that snow!! It makes last winter look weak! Wish we were there to ski it up.

Anonymous said...

brrrr! I think you guys have gotten more than your fair share of the white stuff!!! Makes me want to run back to Hawaii...how about, you ready?? looks beautiful though...sorry it's so hard for work and all....love you!

Becky at Jones Land and Livestock, Inc. said...

Did you ever get in your driveway today after the snowplow left you that nice heap of snow?

Anonymous said...

holla! thats a lot of freakin snow. You should probably jump off the roof in it (BRIELLE)
whooooooo hoooooooo curplunk!


ps. dont break your leg

So many blogs..too little time said...

I don't miss that at all. Man that is SO much snow!!

Anonymous said...

that snow is pretty ridiculous. I don't know how you even muster up the energy to leave your house, I would not want to clean my car off. I am glad you have a snow blower, but I think an even better purchase would have been a plow!!!

O family said...

WOW! that is all I can say. That is so much snow. I bet your girls have so much fun out in it. I guess it is too high to make a snowman though. Dan is really wanting to go out there now! :)

Abraham and Sara said...

The picture with the snow on your roof is really beautiful. So much snow! I thought Rexburg was bad :)