Friday, January 18, 2008

Hawaii Continued...

I forgot to add this picture last time. I was just amazed at this guy climbing the tree with bare feet. This was in the village of Samoa at the Poly center. He climbed this palm tree all the way to the top at a pretty good speed. Amazing!
Here is my little hawaiin girl. We got the girls dresses and grass skirts with coconuts and a necklace. Aspen was so excited she wanted to wear it all right away. The coconuts make the outfit if you ask me. :)Hawaii is known for their really big waves in the winter on the northshore. There is a beach called Pipeline where surfers from all over come and compete. I was lucky enough to go and watch a competition. This picture is really blurry but kind of cool. If I can figure out how to do movie clips I will post a pretty cool video I got of a surfer in the barrel. This was one huge highlight of my trip. Partly because I was there getting as many pictures and videos for my brother as I could, my brother is very into surfing and knows all the surfers, growing up with him has made me understand the sport better and appreciate it more. But really I always tell Brock I am a wanna be surfer girl. I love it, the water, the sun, the beach, just the atmosphere in general but mainly the excitment and challenge of catching the wave. So for me to be able to see some of the best surfers around surf these huge waves was pretty amazing. Something I will never forget. Now you all know something new about me that I am sure you didn't know before!! :0)

7 comments:

Kellie said...

Aspen looks soo cute...I remember a picture of my little sister dressed up the same way at about the same age, so fun! I could easily picture you as a surfer girl!

Anonymous said...

too cute Aspen.....quite the little coconuts you got there!

Lady said...

Love those coconuts girl!!! And Brielle, I'd love to go to the beach and watch you surf - wannabe!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you were able to go and that you really enjoyed yourself. I love the photos, it looks too gorgeous!

I love Aspen's coconuts, she is such a riot. I loved spending time with your sweet girls - kamden is such a doll and I love her company and she was so good to Emma. Thanks for going cause I was able to "make memories" with Kamden and Aspen!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree about the coconuts. AH...tooo cute!
The trip looked amazing...so beautiful. Matt and Heather went not too long ago and loved it.

Living at the beach...Jon and I both have boards...you're welcome to visit and surf anytime!!!! We are both terrible...but we always have fun =)

The Gang said...

You will have to ask Aspen if I can borrow her outfit! -LOL
She looks so adorable. You got some really GREAT pictures too.
Stacy

Abraham and Sara said...

Aspen is sooo cute! I am glad you guys had a good time!