Thursday, November 6, 2008

Teaching Reverence?

We have been doing great having family scripture study this year. Our Bishop challenged us and I have to say I am really proud. We only have 3 chapters left and we will have read through the entire Book of Mormon! I never thought I would have the dedication but I proved myself wrong. Some nights it is so hard especially when I feel like all we are doing is telling the girls to be quiet. Other nights I just have to let go and laugh. And this happened the other night. Usually Kamden is not the problem, it is Aspen running around being loud and trying to make Kamden laugh. Well the other night she decided to go get the stretchy headbands and start decorating Brock as he was reading. He tried to just continue on but we all started laughing. Well there went any reverence we had going, but sometimes I think what is important is just being able to laugh together as a family.
It started with just 2 headbands on the ears. (After she put them on his ears she looked at him and said "Daddy you look like Annie" Annie is Brocks sister and sometimes she wears big hoop earings, Aspen doesn't miss much.) Here is Brock reading, trying to stay serious, as the rest of us are laughing. Really he just wanted to get through the chapter because he just walked in the door from work and wanted a shower. Then she must of thought the earings weren't enough so she added a head piece! Here is the Crazy girl! I said smile and this is what I got. She would act like she was going to smile and then right before I took it she would change to a weird, crazy face.
So I tried to get another picture and this is what I got! They keep getting better! So I thought I would try one more time..... Yes, she really thinks she is funny.And here is the other one, just laying so calmly on the floor cracking up at her sister. Man they are different but it is fun to have such opposites. Finally there is Cash and I having tummy time. We had a very eventful scripture study. I don't think my girls remember anything that happened in the scriptures but they will sure remember laughing together as a family!!

17 comments:

Jim and Reenie said...

A wild and cra-azy girl!
It's OK though. Remember there must be a balance in life and next time they might listen...or the next time...or the next time...or


Dad

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT mom... patience is such a hard trait to develop... at least for me anyways.
...and your Dad said it right...

Jim and Reenie said...

You go little crazy girl - you make my day girlfriend!!!!!Too Cute, Too Sweet, Too Onery and Daddy looks "cool" headbanded up like that, ( : You got great ideas that I think every Daddy would love to have happen to him - and all because you just love that ole Daddy so much. Right, Aspen?
I love you honey, see you in a few days. Mamaw
















you love him.

Lady said...

I love that story. I'm so glad you captured it on film. Brock looks hilarious - I am glad he is such a good sport. Aspen could not be funnier. Her expressions cracked me up!! And her hair looks great too. :)

And YOU look really skinny!

Annie Allen said...

Seriously, I don't even know this girl but she is my favorite. I love hearing her funny stories- it just makes my day. And you know, reverence is important, but the bonding really is just as important...

O family said...

how funny! Aspen is a hoot. I bet it is great to have such different children. It gives balance. Seriously though, those pictures are SO funny.

Nichole said...

great pics!

Susan Staus said...

That is so cute!!! I'm glad you could all laugh at that!!! I hope to be like that too! I'm sure it makes reading the scriptures a little more fun for the girls and you're right, something they will remember. What good family time!!!

Anonymous said...

never a dull moment with that one! too cute....Bucko, I always told you not to pierce your ears....should have warned you about those headbands too?!? too funny....love you!.......grammy

Anonymous said...

Brielle, that is so fun to read. I have a huge smile on my face and by the way you are so photogenic. Kameden and Aspen you girls are just so beautiful. Kamden looks so calm and relaxed and Aspen looks like she is having a ball! Thanks for the sharing the fun.

Anonymous said...

Brielle, that is so fun to read. I have a huge smile on my face and by the way you are so photogenic. Kameden and Aspen you girls are just so beautiful. Kamden looks so calm and relaxed and Aspen looks like she is having a ball! Thanks for the sharing the fun.

April Kennedy said...

Loved it....we are on the five year plan to get the BofM read as a family....Started with Pres. Hinkley's challenge and are still plugging away...won't let "what's his no face" (Satan) stop us or get us discouraged because we didn't finish by December. haha! Just be grateful that they don't want to actually read a couple of versus yet....that is somewhat painful...sweet but painful!

Rochelle & Jess Rowley said...

Hey girl, Cash is so cute! Wow I miss you guys!!! Looks like your family is having fun! I really wish I was in Idaho right now so you guys could share my sister with me!!!! I miss her so much, and her family and just everybody!!! Chelly

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! And your hot and spicy in the picts :)

April Kennedy said...

Hey Brielle,
Just thinking about you and wishing I was closer to be able to give you a hug right now. I'm sure saying good-bye to your parents was/is difficult. They are off to do some pretty amazing things here in the next two years. Dave's parents went on a mish for a year...I can say that it went by super fast...two can too!

I think you guys {or if Brock really can't get away} should seriously come for a visit. Dave just said last night, "I wish Brielle would come visit...we would totally help her with her babies while she was here!" I think it would be really fun for Brock to come too. He could ride around with Dave one day in his work truck and visit some of his projects. Then...it would be our turn to come visit you and Dave could ride around with Brock one day and look at Brock's projects. Then maybe they would decide to become partners {which we have sworn we would never have}....OK...well you get the picture. Wouldn't it be fun if we lived closer. Please come visit! Hugs and lots of air kisses are being sent your way...hope you enjoy Thanksgiving. ~April

P.S. And, if by chance, which I think there is a good chance, your parents are still with you...tell them to update their blog and give them hugs and kisses for us too.

Oh this was a long comment post...I hope there aren't tons of typos...cuz I don't plan on rereading it before I click publish...here it goes!

So many blogs..too little time said...

hey, you need to post again:) I am due in July. Maybe our anniversary on the 11th. This morning sickness thing SUCKS though. It's the worst I have had it.

Family of Fun said...

I love the picts. I haven't read anyone's blogs forever. I admire your dedication. We read almost everynight, but we don't read THAT much. It just seems too hard with the kids. We started the Book of Mormon last January 2007 and are just getting through ALMA! So, props to you! We only read one verse each night, and I tell you, it is taking FOREVER!!! Aspen is such a little Ham - she is hilarious! And Kamden is so sweet. Your girls are adorable! :]