Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween...

We had a great Halloween. It started Thursday with a costume party at our library for Story time. Then on Friday we went to Kamdens school party to help out, then to the hospital which had a cake walk, face painting and trick or treating for healthy snacks. Then finally in the evening we went trick or treating to a couple different neighborhoods around here where the houses are a little closer together. Brock stayed home with Cash incase any trick or treaters would come but it was just one more year without trick or treaters. :( It makes me so sad, I wish kids would come to our house, I buy candy every year just in case. I just love to see the different costumes. The weather was the best that we have had since we moved here 4 and half years ago. It rained earlier in the day but by the evening was just cloudy and in the 40s which is wonderful because there was NO SNOW!!
My fairys... Tinkerbell and SilverMist(She is from the new movie Tinkerbell)
Aren't they so pretty with makeup? I think I am in trouble when they get older! Aspen said she had to hold his head, not his legs. I just love how she is looking at him.
This is my good friend Jessica and her baby Jacob. I just had to take their picture because they were such cute pirates!My cute pumpkin. All of my kids have worn this same pumpkin outfit when they were babies. Cash looks a little scared because I just said "BOO", sometimes he thinks it is funny, so I thought I would get a smile. But not this time, he looked a little scared.

I have to share a funny story about Aspen at Kamdens school party. Well she was so excited to go, she felt like such a big girl. She did everything with Kamden, circle time, snack time, made ghost puppets, decorated cookies. But the best two things she did was one, the ghost toss, which was like a bean bag toss. She took all four ghosts in one hand, wound her arm up and just chucked them as hard as she could against the cardboard stand that it almost fell over. Everyone was laughing but then we explained how to do it and she got 3 out of 4 through the hole. She did better than most of the preschoolers. Next was the ghost dance. Aspen loves to dance so she was being the entertainer. Well all of the sudden I hear all the parents and kids just start cracking up. I was in the other room making all the plates for the kids to decorate cookies. I think to myself "oh no, what is Aspen doing now?" I walked in to check it out and I see her running to the spot she was supposed to be sitting in. Well I guess the teacher asked the kids to get in their spots for circle. Circle is really just one big half circle for the teacher to sit in front. The teacher went to shut the music off and all the kids were waiting in their spots so Aspen who loves to be the center of attention ran to the front of the half circle and said "everybody watch me, I can do abs" as she then proceeded to show them how to do crunches. Yes she works out with me every morning and abs are her favorite part. After the crunches came "look everybody I can hop on one foot" She didn't stop until she saw me walk in the room! You just never know what this girl is going to do next.

18 comments:

Michael and Jaime said...

I had a lot of fun at story time! You're girls are sooooo cute! Aspen cracks me up. Were there a lot of trick or treater in the subdivisions? I wish you would have told Brock stayed home. We would have gone to your house to trick or treat.

neilandamanda said...

Man, Aspen must have a 6 pack by now! She'll be glad for that later.

Anonymous said...

what pretty fairies!! What a cute pumpkin! I think your girls look like little dolls.. they are beautiful. Happy to hear you had a fun Halloween!

April Kennedy said...

Watch out ward talent show...Aspen will be doing abs! Cute kids...cute costumes! We had rain too during the day, but stopped in time for trick-or-treating and it was actually warm out.

April Kennedy said...

P.S. I decided last minute to dress up....boy was I ugly!

Lady said...

So cute. I just want to kiss your scared little pumpkin. The girls look like beautiful princesses - I love their silver shimmer. Aspen is a crack up. Class clown in the making. She'll have so many friends. She kinda reminds me of Dan - has not an ounce of shame. Always saying and doing things no one else would dare to do.

Jim and Reenie said...

Your children are beautiful. Cute Halloween costumes as well. Sorry no trick or treaters...I stayed home at brittney's and only 3 kids all night! What up wit dat?
Jessica is about as sweet as they come...
We are anxious to see you all next week...WOW next week! The time has come. We are ready. Be happy!
Love ya,
Dad

Jim and Reenie said...

what cute little girls, darling. Nice makeup Aspen, who finally got her dreamed for costume plus makeup, wow!! much better than last year huh?
Love, Mom/Mamaw

Annie Allen said...

Cute costumes... Aspen really cracks me up. I need to meet this girl. I really love the funny ones.

The Gang said...

What beautiful costumes!! Love the little pumpkin man!! Yes I really do agree that you are in trouble with those two!! LOL Happy Halloween!!
Miss you guys!

Susan Staus said...

The girls are so pretty!!! Aren't pumpkins supposed to have scary faces? Cash is so cute! I think Aspen looks a lot like you! She sounds like a ton of fun!!!!

O family said...

your girls looked SO PRETTY! I bet they felt wonderful in make up and special fairy costumes! We didn't get any trick or treaters either. I buy the candy and then no one comes. I know if one year I don't buy it though... we would get a bunch of kids. oh well. Oh, and Cash looks so cute as a little frightened pumpkin!

S7FAMILY said...

Wow. Girls look sooooo cute. I am glad you all had a great time. Now that i have made time it is great to see you and the kids on the blog again. My kids are always a pumpkin their first Halloween. That is sooo cute too. Take care Shauna

Anonymous said...

Your Dad is helping me with more information and we just looked at the darling pictures of your children all done up for Halloween. I think it is really a lot of fun to be able to see what is happening in your lives. Keep posting for me to read, please. I shall try to make a comment or two for you also. Great Grandma Von

Anonymous said...

Aspen is so funny. I can't beleive she did abs in front of all the people. I can't beleive she made three out of four-wow! She has your skills dosen't she! Well I can't wait for basketball, I guess we are going to go to CourD'Alene tomorrow so I won't be able to do basektball this week. Hopefully we can start it next week. Oh and you really will have to look out for those beautiful girls. They are gorgeous.

Nichole said...

did you see your adorable fairies in the paper?

Nichole said...

we treated in New Meadows and that is where we will go EVRY year. so easy and tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

beautiful fairies!!! wow! we don't get trick or treaters either. They started to do a trunk or treat at the ward for all the kids now. Annie & Wades ward does one and so does ours. You can't BUY enough candy but it's really fun. You should get one started there. Everyone meets at the church for a chili dinner and then all the cars park together and decorate trunks. You get to see lots of costumes that way and spend lots of money on candy, but it is really fun! Love the story about the school party and littl miss ab cruncher! what a nut......they are both so different, but have such fun personalities! Love you all...grammy