Tuesday, December 18, 2007

School Christmas Party

Kamden had her school christmas party today. It was a good time. They started by having all the dads come and make gingerbread houses with the kids. Kamden thought that was really neat that her dad got to come to her school. Then they had a little lunch, while at the lunch Kamden spilled her juice and had a complete melt down. She was very embarrassed so it took a lot to calm her down. While I was calming Kamden down Aspen thought she would join in and spill her juice on purpose since Kamden did. Then I had 2 spills to clean up. (wow that was fun) Santa then came, which neither of my girls would sit on his lap. Yes Kamden was the only one in her class that didn't sit on his lap. Hopefully someday that will change. Kamden and her daddy with their masterpiece. She had so much fun.Aspen really liked the outcome as well. I had to keep a close eye on her at the party because she was going around to everyones different gingerbread houses and taking candy off. She loves to join Kamden at her school parties.Kamdens music teacher sang Christmas songs with them. Kamden was still in her mood that she just was not ready to be happy yet. Aspen loved it though, she was shaking bells and dancing in the middle of the circle.Here is the best picture. This captures my Kamden. This is her face of I am shy and I don't want to do what everyone is telling me to do. They had a gift exchange and she just opened her gift. So I thought for sure every kid would get over their bad mood. NOPE not my Kamden. She can be stubborn. Once we got home that face was totally gone. She was smiling and couldn't stop talking about her party and how much fun she had. So I guess it was all a front because since the spilled juice she sure fooled me that she was having a good time. All in all, fun memories at the school christmas party.

12 comments:

Lady said...

I'm sorry that you had to clean up so many spills. I HATE SPILLS!!! Ok now that I got that out of my system, I'm sorry that Kamden acted like she wasn't having fun. It is so frustrating for the mom when that happens but I guess you have to let her learn that if she wants to be miserable at her own party it only hurts herself and you and Aspen just keep on smiling and having the time of your lives!

Lady said...

Oh and the Gingerbread house sure is pretty!! I'm glad her daddy got to help her make it. Did he try to convince it didn't have to be pink? :) Ainsley was sick for her party and gingerbread house making. I felt so sad she couldn't go.

Becky at Jones Land and Livestock, Inc. said...

That was fun to hear about her party and see the pictures. I would be sad too, if I spilled my juice. It's hard to get over stuff like that. (:

Fun post!

Alycia said...

your girls are so pretty! I bet Brock had fun building the house...I bet your families was the best!

Julie said...

I love the "pink" gingerbread house! I agree that christmas time is so much more fun with kids. Kamden and Aspen are a great pair, it sounds like they keep you plenty busy!

Paige Holley said...

Kamden sounds a lot like Gavin...when he is happy he is really happy but when he is mad, sad, grumpy, tired, or all of the above, nothing can flip his switch. Got to love that:)

Anonymous said...

your girls are so funny! I think Kamden is a sweatheart and soooo much like her mommy!!!! I think that Aspen is more like her Aunt Brinn.... she likes to play "do as I'm doing.." do you remember that game Brielle???? WE had lots of fun playing it, didn't we? :o) WEll, that stinks about the juice mess, but the photos are cute and it looks like the girls had fun with their daddy.

O family said...

The little house is so cute. I love the pink. It stinks that Kamden was a little upset during her party. At least she was happy when she got home though.

Kellie said...

Isn't that just a typical little girl? Drama, drama, drama; I know that's how it is at my house! Such cute pictures though even with the unhappy face!

Anonymous said...

Wow Kamden, what a pretty gingerbread house!! You did an awesome job.Grammy made one of the barn too, and I accidently dumped candy all over the floor, so I guess we both made a mess huh? That's okay, anything you spill can always be cleaned up fast. Glad your daddy got to help you that day. Christmas is just 5 days away....fun, fun, fun.....love you all.....

Anonymous said...

Aspen sounds like such a riot...spilling her juice to be like Kamden. I'm sure it was agrivating in the moment though =)

Kamden's sensitive spirit is sweet. I'm sure she'll toughen up a bit as she grows though. If it makes her feel better...yesterday I was late for work and walking quickly across the parking lot w/ my head down looking for something in my purse and I ran SMACK into a bike rack on someone's SUV. I nearly blacked out...and I have a welt on my head now. So you can tell her embarrasing, clumsy moments happen to adults too!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! I just heard the news! (Grandpa told my mom). That's awesome. Praying you have an EASY time.