Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy 50th Birthday Grammy

We had a great Easter. We went down to Rupert and celebrated with Brock's family. The day after Easter was Brock's mom's 50th Birthday. We had a small surprise party for her. And we actually pulled it off. She is so hard to surprise between her busy schedule and her non stop work ethic we weren't sure if it we were going to be able to pull it off. She was surprised, it was awesome. It was fun to be able to spend the weekend with her. We got her house cleaned with out her knowing, the surprise party happened and then we got her picture professionally taken with the grandkids. She seemed to be a pretty happy lady that weekend. There is not a more deserving woman than Rexanne. She is always helping others, she is a very self less woman. I love this woman very much. I am so blessed to have her as a mother in law and to have her as my kids Grammy! Happy50th, hope it is one that will be well remembered.We got her a couple of things to help her get through the upcoming years. A necklace that has a pill box on it, all labeled ofcourse, and her cane. I loved the cane, it came with the old lady crossing sign, a horn that says look out I'm coming through, a panty hose, a mirror for backing up that says you're beautiful on it and dirty old man repellant spray.Black bottom cupcakes to keep with the black and white theme.Here is Aspen collecting eggs during the egg hunt. Brocks parents have a huge egg hunt at their place on the river every year. Seriously, there are around 1000 eggs hidden, most are filled with candy but some have money inside. It is divided into age groups so that it is fair.
Here we are having a little team meeting, discussing were they could go and find some more eggs.Kamden was off. She was so serious, she didn't stop looking until she knew every egg was found. She finished finding them in her age category and then went on in to the older kids. It was pretty funny. Here is Cash at the egg hunt. I sat him in the grass so I could help Aspen and he found an egg himself. He just needed one to make him happy.Deagon and Aspen, She is telling him how old she is. Aspen just loves to hold hands. Everywhere we go she is trying to hold somebody's hand but it has to be her idea. I just wanted to put this picture on here for a future easter treat idea. Kamden had to bring an easter treat to her party at school. So we made rice krispie treat easter eggs. They were really easy and a big hit! (Some were dipped in chocolate and then we put sprinkles on)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, she is a young grammy! Looking at your pics made me a tiny bit homesick for CA. We spent many afternoons looking at seals on the wharf. Looks like a great trip to CA!!

Annie said...

oh my goodness, Jess totally knows your family! she did her music therapy internship there. She's getting married in like a week and she needs your parent's address. will you send it to me?

Anonymous said...

Brielle,what a cute 50th birthday party, I love the old man repellent spray! That really makes me laugh. You are so creative! Love it, and I think Aspen is so cute holding that little guys hand. And your rice krispie treat idea is so awesome. I've been lacking with bloggin too, its just crazy and sometimes other things are more important. Good job!

Jim and Reenie said...

Fun easter krispie eggs - good idea. And Grammy, how fun for you. Such fun ideas and good memories. Yes, Brie, you are so lucky to have married into the family you did, what a great lady Brock's Mom is, she's lucky to get you too. I love and miss you all. Mom/Mamaw

Jim and Reenie said...

Oh, I forgot - what yummy black bottom cupcakes!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to try to make them here. Also, what fun memories for the kids to have of the easter egg hunt. You go Kamden, never give up on anything in this life, just keep trying. :) Mamaw

Anonymous said...

Holy cow... I still can't believe I'm the BIG 50! What an awesome weekend for me! Couldn't believe the party and all, and can't believe you pulled it off either!! I am rarely ever suprised, cuz' I'm so nosey. Good thing I was actually gone with Buck for 3 days. The whole weekend meant more than you can ever know! I still cry when I read my card...thanks so very much for all you did for me that weekend, and especially for all you do on a daily basis. I'm ever so grateful to have you as an added daughter! I am one lucky and grateful mom & grammy(I just love that grammy word!!)