Sunday, March 22, 2009

3 Years Old

Aspen turned 3 years old two weeks ago on March 8th. She had a great Birthday! A few days before we went to Boise to meet Brocks mom and sister, who were there for work meetings. We got a hotel and celebrated. She had a great time, we went out to dinner,swam,played at planet kid,opened presents and ate a cool cake! What more could a girl ask for? Then on her actual birthday we just had a small family party with cupcakes and presents. This year was cinderella's carriage made by Grammy. It was a big hit. It turned out so cute. Aspen blowing out her candles at the hotel party!Grammy and Grandpa got her a Tinkerbell chair. She loves it, she carries it around the house. Plus it is purple which is a huge bonus to Aspen. Two happy kids at Aspen's 3rd Birthday party.
Aspen is full of personality. She is so much fun and is always making us laugh, well except for Cash. He is a little scared of her right now but I am sure that will change soon. :) She is very strong willed but also very sensitive to others feelings. The girl loves to dance and sing every where we go. Sometimes I just wish I could turn down her volume but I think she only has one volume, LOUD. :) Never a dull moment when Aspen is around!!

This is one of the gifts she got from mom and dad. She loves ponyville, it was funny because before she opened our presents she went to the store with money from mamaw and papaw and picked out a little ponyville movie theater and a car and scooter for the ponies. I knew at that point I did a good job picking out her gift since that is what she picked out for herself. Now she has the ponyville all set up in her room and plays with it often!She got some face paint from Aunt Brittney and family and loves it. This time I helped but was told exactly what to do and what color. There have been other times that I haven't helped but it still looks pretty!! This stuff is awesome because it washes off so easily. When she is done having it on she just goes in the bathroom by herself and washes it off. I thought I wouldn't of been such a big fan of this present but it turns out it is not as messy as I thought! Yeah!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun! 3 is such a fun age with little girls because ot's like their girliness finally comes out and they want dolls, dress up and makeup and no one is more amazing than mom! The cake is awesome! Happy Birthday Aspen!

Annie Allen said...

How fun!!! Happy Birthday Aspen!

Anonymous said...

three years old is when they start loosing the littleness- and they say the funniest things. I love 3!! Happy birthday big girl. You have the best mom ever!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is 3 already... how fast they grow up. She is adorable... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASPEN!

Anonymous said...

What a fun birthday party it was! So glad you guys could meet us even though it was short, it was fun. Love you all...looking forward to a BIG Easter Egg Hunt!
Love you.....Grammy

Jim and Reenie said...

What a cute blog. Aspen is darling. You did a nice job with the face painting, it was nice of her to let you help. :) Grammy outdid herself this year, but I think I say that every year. Grammy you are the BEST!! And talented too! Kamden & Cash are too cute also. They all are getting so big. Can't you slow them down a little?
I love and miss all of you.
Mamaw

Jim and Reenie said...

What a cute blog. Aspen is darling. You did a nice job with the face painting, it was nice of her to let you help. :) Grammy outdid herself this year, but I think I say that every year. Grammy you are the BEST!! And talented too! Kamden & Cash are too cute also. They all are getting so big. Can't you slow them down a little?
I love and miss all of you.
Mamaw

O family said...

Hapy Birthday Aspen! Sorry that I am so late! Her cake looks so yummy. She does look like SUCH a big girl in her Tinkerbell chair. too cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! 3 years old!!! Happy B-day. i'll bring your gift when i visit. i love the photos of your trip to april, checked out her blog. Cash has changed soooooooo much since i saw him in nov. He is big and so handsome. what a cute guy and he makes camilla really look baby in comparison. lets pick a date for me to visit. can't wait!

abe and sal hanson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abraham and Sara said...

Happy birthday Aspen! 3 already...wow! What a cute cake. I aspire to be able to do something like that :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I really love the cake-how creative! They really grow up so fast!