Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fair Time!

One of our favorite things in the summer to do as a family is go to Fairs. I feel like my summer isn't complete unless we hit a couple fairs. I guess it really started when Brock and I started hanging out in college and he was riding bulls. I went to a lot of rodeos/fairs to watch him ride. That continued through our first year of marriage and then he quit riding when we had Kamden. This summer we got to attend 2 fairs and we all had a great time eating the good food, riding rides (blowing our money :) ) being together as a family and riding some mechanical bulls!!
The girls loved petting the sheep. Emma was the one that was most excited. Aspen kept saying "its trying to eat me mommy" After it nibbled her shirt she didn't want to get to close.My moms favorite part are the animals. Here is Mamaw with Kamden and Aspen and the lovely cows!Brock ended up running the mechanical bull one night at our local fair. He knows the guy that owns this company. Actually we did a little bit of it when we were first married for him and he found out Brock lived up here so he gave Brock a call. I think Brock really enjoyed running it for the night. The girls were so excited to go see daddy. Aspen couldn't wait to get on and then she got a little nervous, then it started moving........And she got scared!Kamden had Aspen try it out first, like she always does. After she saw how scared she got Kamden opted to just pet the bull and help daddy run it. Kamden and Aspen behind her, on the swings at the Western Idaho Fair in Boise.Brock and the girls on the Tug Boat, this one made Aspen a little nervous but I think she still enjoyed herself.Here is the only thing we did not have to spend money on, these balloons that some clowns were making. The girls thought they were the coolest things and so did I because they were FREE and made them happy!!

11 comments:

Annie Allen said...

The bull ride pictures are hilarious!!! Aspen seems like such a character. I can't believe we haven't even met her. Are you guys going down to the family reunion in September? If not, we're going to have to get together next time we head over to Boise so we can see all these cute little ones!!

kp said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun, and the pictures of Cash are adorable. I do think you should come down and see Brinn soon so we can see you too.

Lady said...

I love fairs too and we haven't been in a really long time. I guess we should hit Oley Fair this year before mom and dad move. Poor Aspen in the bull - somehow I thought she'd be a little tougher. One day I'd like to try one of those mechanical bulls. It would be a really fun thing for a girls night out! :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

those are really awesome flower balloons. I am so happy that you guys got to go to the fair as a family. I had a lot of fun at the cascade fair, so did Emma with the animals.

O family said...

I also love fairs! How fun! the balloon flowers are really cool looking and what is better than free?!?!? I wish we lived closer to each other, I bet Quinn and Aspen would be bestest friends!

Paige Holley said...

Looks like fun...Aspen on the bull cracked me up. Kamden's pretty smart to have her sister try it first:)

Anonymous said...

I don't think scared is the appropriate word, I believe terrified works better for her feelings on riding that bull.
It was a really fun time and I loved seeing the granddaughters enjoy the animals like me. ( :
Love, Mom/Mamaw

Family of Fun said...

I'm glad somebody likes the fair! I think it is shy of an amusement park experience, but fat with flavorful food! Loved the girls with the mechanical bull. That is just great - old one of Brock's children (like father, like daughter - and son, someday!) Thanks for sharing with us!

Annie said...

what a fun tradition! you and your kids are darling!

Susan Staus said...

I also enjoy going to fairs. Jayden loves farm animals and tractors so it's fun to take him.
Your pictures are adorable. I love the bull riding one!

Anonymous said...

too funny....I have a picture of Aspens dad with almost the same frightened look on his face when he got on his first bull at 8 years old! I could say I'm suprised she got on, but that would be a lie.....too cute!....Grammy