Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!!

Happy Valentines Day!! Aren't these beautiful? I spent a lot of time making them. HA, yeah right I wish I could claim them. They tasted as good as they look. Our friend made them for us. She does our books at the accountants office and the girls just LOVE her. She has a treat for them every time. They even made her a valentine with a lollipop so you know they think she is pretty special. But I have to say we definitely got the better end of the deal here.
Well I can't complain about our Valentines day. We have had a pretty good one and we are getting together with some friends tonight for dinner which should be a nice break for me from sick children. The girls have been sick which has not been fun at all. Lucky for Kamden she is feeling better now so she was able to go to her school party. She had a great time and got lots of candy and cards. Aspen on the other hand has gotten the sickness a lot worse. She has been absolutely miserable. Besides the girls being sick I have nothing to complain about. Life is good, I have a great husband, wonderful children, and endless blessings in my life!
Here are the girls holding their stuffed dogs that their dad got for them. Growing up my dad always had something for us on our dressers for valentines day until we had a valentine of our own. I thought it was the neatest thing. So now Brock is passing that tradition on and having valentines on the girls dressers when they wake up in the morning on Valentines Day. You can tell by their faces they thought it was pretty neat. The stuffed dog was also holding their favorite, caramel kisses. Which Kamden decided to save and Aspen dove right into. :)Here is our pathetic little Aspen. Looking at this picture you can tell she is sick. She rarely ever just lays and watches TV. I didn't even put her like this. She got her baby and covered her up and then got a blanket and pillow and covered herself up. Hopefully she gets feeling a little better before we fly back to PA in a less than a week.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww, poor aspen... she is even adorable wen she is sick! I think it is sweet tha t she tucked her babydoll in with her.

I think that it is great that Brock got the girls Valentine's - I did love that Dad always got us something special - good dads.

I want to eat those heart cookies, they look so good!

I hope you guys have a fun time tonight and don't stay up too late playing your new game.... :o) hahaha

Anonymous said...

How sweet little Aspen looks with her baby doll. It's no fun to be sick. Yeah, your Dad was always thoughtful about his little valentines. He enjoyed giving as much as you girls liked receiving. Way to go Brock keeping the tradition alive. Your girls will never forget. Love you all, Mamaw

Anonymous said...

You are right. You have a good husband and good kids. Life is good for you.
Happy Valentine's Day to you and the girls. I do remember how excited you girls would get on V-Day, until you had your own Valentine's.
Looking forward to seeing you in a week. Don't forget to check on passes for Gen Conf.
Love Dad

Becky at Jones Land and Livestock, Inc. said...

I told you I'd comment when I got home tonight! (: It was fun to be with you guys tonight! Yes, it was a great day today. And wow, those cookies do look amazing!

Lady said...

Yummy cookies! Were they good? I am glad you had a nice V-day. I sure hope Aspen feels better soon and I can't believe you are coming in less than a week!! WooHoo!

O family said...

Poor little Aspen. Quinn has another ear infection. This has been a really tough winter for her, which in turn means me too :) Your girls look adorable and I am glad that Brock is doing the fun Valentine's Day tradition

Paige Holley said...

I hope little Aspen gets feeling better! It looks like you had a good day:) Have fun back east!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments on our blog. Sick kids stink! I'll keep you posted on McKenna and keep us posted on Aspen. I love Brocks gifts to the girls! Our tradition from me is to heart attack the kids room while they are asllep to wake up to the next morning and Joe always buys them a gift. We LOVE IT!!!! You should try the kisses from the ceiling.I'll tell you how if you want to know. We sure love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh we also got the cookies from Francis. They were awesome!! and beautiful! That was Blake's treat for us for family night. YUMMY!

Anonymous said...

poor baby....wish I was there to hold you!...luv grammy

S7FAMILY said...

What great pics! I let Press look at them with me tonight. It made here sad to see Kamden! We miss you guys! Hopefully we will see you soon! Love, The Stewarts