Thursday, January 1, 2009

Great Christmas!

So since I am a little backed up on blogs I thought I would combine a few. We had a great relaxing Christmas. It was busy as always and I can't believe it is already over. I finally have time to blog and tomorrow we are taking all the christmas stuff down. It always makes me sad when the tree comes down, it feels like the room is so empty. This year was fun going to find our tree because the snow waited for so long to come down. It was nice that we didn't have to drag kids through a few feet of snow and we could really see what the tree looked like with no snow on it. The girls were so proud of being able to help pick the tree. They love the experience of driving around and finding one to go cut down.

Cash all bundled up to go pick out our tree.Our tree all decorated! Aspen knocked it over when we were decorating it by pulling really hard on the branches to hang the ornaments and ofcourse our crystal angel broke that Brock and I got when we were first married. That changed our mood a little, but it still was all good. Brock then tied the tree to the wall so that couldn't happen again. The kids in their cute christmas outfits from Grammy. Aspen spun her dress around all day saying she was a princess.I think this is the best picture. His personality is getting so fun. I don't know if you all can see it really well in the picture but Cash has the best hair. It sticks straight up on the top of his head. I love the fuzz. Our church had a breakfast with Santa and the kids were so excited to go. We ate cereal and Santa read the kids stories and then the kids got to sit on their laps. Aspen and Cash were fine with it but still Kamden didn't want to go up. That is why I have to be in every Santa picture! I didn't really want to be up there this time especially since I had just rolled out of bed. But I was in the picture to teach a lesson!! Kamden had a Christmas party at school a week later and Santa surpised the kids. I was so proud of her, she did it! She sat on his lap without her mom standing next to her. Maybe only because she saw every other kid in her class do it and because her younger sister kept saying "its okay Kamden, Santa isn't scary, he is a nice man!!" Who cares what it took, she is now 5 years old and she did it for the first time. At Kamdens preschool party they make gingerbread houses with the dads. Well Brock had to go out of town for a week and ofcourse he was going to be gone for the party. She cried but when I said I would get a babysitter for the other two she got a little happier. It was really fun even though she watched me like a hawk with every piece of candy I helped put on. In fact she said "mommy it is okay if you keep messing up, I'll fix it like daddy would of helped me make it" Well that made me feel good! This little girl loves her daddy. Just a cute picture of my kids in their beanies. Gotta love that cute little face!











14 comments:

amandajonalissa said...

What great shots of the kids! (The one of them dressed up in front of the tree is awesome!) Sounds like you all had a GREAT Christmas.
Happy New Year!

Susan Staus said...

What a pretty tree! Sorry about your angel! Dave tied our tree to the wall this year too. But we get a blue spruce, the really poky ones, so it keeps the kids from wanting to touch it.
I love Cash's hair!!! That was the first thing I noticed about the picture. Tanner's used to do that, especially right after a bath. But it is starting to tame down, especially if I put a hat on and it makes me sad.
Great pictures!!!

Nichole said...

next year we'll hunt a tree

Anonymous said...

The kids are adorable...
and you tree is so pretty.

How sad that Camden said that but it is sooo nice for Brock to have a Daddy's girl... and she is definitely that.

Love you and glad to hear you had a great holiday season

Amanda said...

It seems that every blog I read the authors say the same thing-their kid is afraid of Santa as well! How funny that kids are afraid of the man who is suppose to bring the most joy! Cute pic in front of the tree-I love the girls dresses!

Camille said...

Your kids are so fun and adorable. I bet you thought Aspen was real cute when she broke the angel. Oh well it is just stuff right. Cute pictures though. Hawaii is almost here! Have fun getting ready

Lady said...

Great pictures of Christmas. I love Aspen's hair in the tree picture - she really does look like a princess. I am so proud of Kamden for facing her fears and sitting with Santa - maybe it will make her that much stronger when facing her next fear. Love that little man of your, can't wait to see him. Thanks for posting.... I am way behind as well.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Girls look adorable and Cash is as cute as can be. I love the gingerbread house Kamden made... very cool. I'm glad your family had a nice holiday season... I love you guys!

Jim and Reenie said...

How cute the kids are in all of the pictures. Cash has hair like U.Dewey's, but U.Dewey's was snow white. His eyes are so so big - too darling. And what cute outfits
grammy picked out for Christmas. Thanks Grammy your taste is just what I would have picked out if I could have. The tree looks great and what a wonderful tradition to go get your own tree. The kids will remember always and you can always get another angel. And you will remember the Christmas the tree fell over with a little help from Aspen and I bet she will as well,and laugh about it in the future.
Love you all and miss you lots.
Mom/Mamaw

April Kennedy said...

That was a great update! I laughed out loud a few times and was jealous that you could just drive around and find a tree to cut down. Our's was over $100 to pick from a lot of already cut down trees on wood stands.

I'm still laughing about the gingerbread house and fixing your mistakes!

Happy 2009! Hope to SEE you this year!

O family said...

Brielle, Cash is getting cuter and cuter by the minute! I love his little rosy cheeks! Oh and Kamden was so funny with the gingerbread house! Hope all is well and glad that you all had a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Fun Pictures! such cute little princess's and a handsome prince! love the gingerbread house Kamden. you will have to teach Grammy how to make them! Love the hair....just like his daddy's was. I think his hair was 4 inches long before it even thought about laying down. People would always have to feel it. 2 days to Hawaii....can't wait to see you all. Love you bunches....grammy

Nichole said...

hey brielle~I came to church for bball thurs but nobody was there. did ya'all play? it was good and bad that I missed it =D will you e mail me your phone number and i'll e mail you mine so if there is no ball i'll know. nichole@cwomc.com THX!!

Anonymous said...

hey, where are you? I've tried to call you and no answer... no call back.... oh yeah, your in Hawaii!!! What the heck, i am so stinkin jealous!!! :o)

I love the photo of the kids in their outfits and cash's hair is toooooo cute!